The pool, bar and pavilion are open with reduced seating capacity. The beach is open. Activities which allow for social distancing have been put back on the schedule. The gameroom remains closed. Additional cleaning/disinfecting is still being done throughout the park.
Due to the higher demand for camping, we are amending our earlier cancellation policy and ask that you please make a decision on whether you will be keeping your reservation or cancelling. Our "normal" cancellation policy is now in effect but we will waive all fees if you cancel any reservation by Tue, May 5th 2020. This applies to rental unit reservations too. We apologize for any confusion this may cause. We are trying to be flexible as things are changing rapidly.
Yesterday we received word that the Governor’s office clarified Emergency Order 12 and classified Campgrounds along with Motels, Hotels, Tourist Rooming Houses and Bed and Breakfasts as essential businesses. This means we will be opening but with many changes to ensure the safety of our customers and staff. While this may be a significantly different camping experience than you are used to, we feel it’s important to offer you the ability to get outside and enjoy some outdoor activities while still maintaining the social distancing guidelines as required by the State of Wisconsin. These guidelines include:
- Maintain social distancing of 6 feet at all times.
- Prohibit the use of buildings or public spaces that would encourage social gatherings of any number of people.
- Limit all campsites to members of a single household or living unit. All other private gatherings of any number of people are prohibited. No visitors.
- Increase the cleaning frequency of shared toilet facilities, laundry facilities and shower buildings.
In order to achieve these guidelines the following changes from our normal operations will apply for OPENING weekend:
ACTIVITIES – All organized activities are cancelled.
BAR – The bar will be open for carry-out on the weekend during breakfast, lunch and dinner hours. We will be closed Easter Sunday. We encourage you to call in your orders (608-305-0788) but will also have someone available for walk up orders. Drinks may also be ordered for carry out as well as package beer, ice and wood. CLICK HERE for our menu.
STORE – The store will be open limited hours.
PLAYGROUNDS – The Playground, Basketball Court and Jumping pillow will be closed.
GAME ROOM – Will be closed.
RESTROOMS – The bar side restrooms and several showers will be open for use. We encourage everyone to use their camper’s facilities when able.
LAUNDRY – The “old” laundry room by the pool will be open. The new laundry will be closed.
Please use your own judgment on what is best for you and your family. Hope to see you all REALLY soon.
Coronavirus Cancellation Policy for Campsites and Rental Units
We understand if you are uncertain about camping due to the Coronavirus. Currently we are suggesting a “wait and see” attitude. You have until seven days before your arrival date to make a decision. Any payments you’ve made can be credited to a future reservation. If you do cancel we will not charge any cancellation fees for reservations through Father’s Day. This applies to rental unit reservations too.
Please click here to view our letter regarding opening weekend.
Camping season is fast approaching. We’re all aware of the current concerns about the Coronavirus and we are moving ahead to open as scheduled on April 10. The safety and health of our guests and our employees is our unconditional top priority. We are implementing these health and safety precautions:
- All rental units and public areas are being cleaned and sanitized before they are opened for the season. We've upgraded our sanitizing practices to meet or exceed the recommendations of the Health Department.
- We are reinforcing long standing directives for staff to wash their hands at regular intervals for the recommended 20 seconds and always after touching their face.
- Moving forward our staff will be trained to go above the regular practices of cleaning and sanitizing counters, table tops, and other common surfaces.
- If you've been a past guest, you're aware of our high standards of cleanliness for the restrooms, showers, pool, and public areas. We will be just as diligent in our fight against COVID-19.
We are constantly being updated by our National and State Associations as well as local governments and public health officials.
At this time our cancellation policy has not changed but we are closely monitoring the situation
Clearly this is a very fluid situation. This week looks nothing like last week. And next week will look nothing like today. Continue to check our Facebook page or our website for the latest information.